How can I search the public register?
You can search the register in two ways:
- Search for an individual or company by name, narrowing the results by location if you wish
- Search for a specific licensee by their licence number.
Who is listed in the public register?
The register lists all licensed real estate agents, salespeople, branch managers and companies.
It is illegal to carry out real estate agency work without a licence. If you deal with an unlicensed person you will not be able to seek redress through us if things go wrong.
What information about licensees is in the public register?
The register records licensees’ contact details, licence details and any complaints upheld in the last three years. It also records if the licensee was granted their licence under the provisions of the Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Agreement (TTMRA).
What information about complaints is in the public register?
The register records details of complaints upheld in the last three years.
Complaints decisions are not published:
- Until the period of filing an appeal (20 working days) has ended.
- If an application for name suppression or non-publication of a decision is made to the Real Estate Agents Disciplinary Tribunal - the complaint decision will not be published until the Tribunal has made a decision on this.
- If the Real Estate Agents Disciplinary Tribunal has ordered that the complaint decision is not to be published.
Complaints that haven’t been upheld are not recorded as they may unfairly affect the licensee.
How can I update the public register?
Licensees are responsible for letting us know of any changes to circumstances, such as changes to contact details or anything that could affect their license. Licensees can view more detailed information about what changes they need to notify us of and how to do it.